Koenders Windmills are a long term, low maintenance way to aerate your pond in all four seasons.
- They produce the results of an electric bubbler without the need for electricity.
- Windmills are available in 12’, 16’ and 20’ heights and should be installed where they will catch the most wind.
- A 10′ deep pond with a good wind can move 250 GPM.
- Windmill pond aeration will de-gas a pond reducing carbon dioxide, nitrates, sulfur and other unwanted gases.
- As a result, the natural decomposition will speed up of the organic material, creating more good bacteria to consume partials and bottom sludge.
Reducing weeds and algae
Aquatic weeds and filamentous algae thrive from carbon dioxide and other gases, so degassing will result in a reduction of aquatic weeds.
Additionally, a decrease of gasses at the pond bottom will reduce pond sulfur and unwanted smells.
Winter oxygen needs
To prevent winter fish kill, oxygen is required to get rid of carbon dioxide. The gas transfer occurs when the oxygen leaves the air diffuser on its way to the surface, keeping a hole open where the gases will escape. This gas transfer process is also used to let water fowl have open water in the winter.
HOW WIND DRIVEN AERATION WORKS
Koenders Windmills produce the results of an electric bubbler without the need for electricity.
Koenders Windmill installation
Windmill kits available in 12, 16, or 20’ high units include top quality hoses, diffusers and check valves. Installations available within 3 hours drive of Wingham, Ontario, but the windmill kit can be shipped anywhere in Canada. Windmill installation includes erecting of the windmill, levelling and cementing of the base, and diffuser installed in the pond.
Pond Perfections offers Koenders windmill troubleshooting and repairs. We have rebuilt canisters that have new bearings which are cleaned and painted. Some troubleshooting can be done over the phone, just give us a call and we will guide you through.
QUESTIONS ON CONFIGURING AN AERATION SYSTEM?
There are a lot of factors to consider when configuring an aeration system. Contact us for help from an expert who will guide you through with questions to determine the right system for your needs.