A simple and reliable solution.
The Ice Eater is an insurance policy you can trust! Why risk losing an expensive dock to a hard winter freeze or seeing your precious boat damaged or destroyed by ice when the ice eater is a simple and reliable solution.
How the Ice Eater Works
The Bearon Aquatics Ice Eater is designed to prevent ice from forming around boats, marinas, docks, and piers. The units are hung from the end of the dock or boathouse about 3 feet under the surface and can be pointed up for a large round opening or be set on an angle to make a long, thinner ice opening for a boat or waterway. Dock mounting systems are also available, so you can quickly change directions or angles.
The Ice Eater propeller draws up warmer subsurface water through our patented Venturi-styled housing and deflects it to the surface. By creating a constant circulation of the warmer subsurface water and colder surface water, the Ice Eater will prevent further ice formation and melt existing ice.
The Ice Eater is a Trusted and Reliable Solution
- Ice Eaters are the oldest and most trusted de-icer on the market.
- Ice Eaters are the most energy-efficient using only 6 running amps.
Ice Eater Key Features
- Power cords are available in 25’, 50’ or 100’ lengths, and with 115V or 220V motors
- 25’ tie ropes are included
- New this year – free screen included for protection from wood or other floating objects
- Designed to agitate fresh or saltwater at maximum efficiency in all climatic conditions
- Environmentally Friendly Dielectric Lubricating Fluid is Non-Toxic and Biodegradable
- Patented heavy-duty PVC Venturi housing is designed for superior water flow and protection of the motor and propeller
- Bronze end-bell ensures a long life without cracking or warping
- Best Warranty in the Industry! 3-Year Warranty
- Use year-round as an aquatic weed and debris blower in the summer months!
Pond Perfections’ Heavy Duty Dock Mount has several different angle settings and can be mounted vertically or horizontally on docks. Dock mounting systems are available for a quick change of direction or angle.
Looking for Parts or Service?
Pond Perfections is an authorized warranty and repair depot for Bearon Aquatics / Power House equipment. We carry a full stock of new motors and parts, as well as rebuilt motors for quick turnaround. Used motors can be refurbished before or after the season to keep them in good repair.
Questions on which model or size you need?
Contact us, and we will be happy to explain which model and mounting solution are best for your lakefront property.